Terms and conditions
In the following Terms and Conditions:
- “the Photographer” is Steve Lawton Photography Ltd (Company number: 09754407 Registered in England & Wales) trading as Steve Lawton or Steve Lawton Photography
- "the Client " is the person or organisation to whom the invoice is addressed
- reproduction includes any form of publication or copying of the whole or part of any picture and whether or not altered by printing, photography, slide projection (whether or not to an audience) xerography, artist’s reference, artist’s illustration, layout or presentation, electronic or mechanical reproduction or storage by any other means
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of England. These Terms and Conditions cannot be varied in any way by the Client unless such conditions are expressly agreed by the Photographer in writing.
The content including but not limited to, photographs, logos, text, data and graphics of this website are copyright © Steve Lawton Photography 2017. All rights reserved.
The right of the photographer is identified as the creator of this website and has been asserted in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Any use including, but not limited to, the copying, communication, storage, publication, exhibition, reproduction, alteration or distribution and the selling of any part of this website in any form without prior written consent is forbidden by UK and international copyright law. Any person, company or website found in breach of this will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
By booking a photography session with Steve Lawton, you are agreeing to the following usage terms for the images produced:
ACTOR / PERFORMER / MODEL HEADSHOTS
Unless otherwise stated, reproduction rights for actors, performers and model headshots granted by the Photographer to the Client are as follows:
- Self-promotional use by agent(s) and actor/model/performer in his/her capacity as an actor/model/performer is permitted. This includes web, print, Spotlight, CCP and other casting directories, agent mail outs, theatre programmes and front of house by employers. Extends to personal social media profiles (including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). Steve Lawton is to be credited as the originator of the work(s) and all derivative work(s)
- Reproduction in print or electronic media for commercial purposes (including, but not limited to biographies, commercial listings, paid-for advertising, press distribution and placements) is strictly prohibited and constitutes a breach in copyright, unless prior written consent is provided and an agreed license fee is paid to Steve Lawton.
CORPORATE / BUSINESS / PROFESSIONAL / personal HEADSHOTS
- Personal Use only: The right to use the pictures only for self-promotional purposes. This includes personal social media profiles (including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and curriculum vitae. Excludes use by employers and third parties in print or electronic media.
- Company Internal Use: The right to use the pictures as described above; plus a license for use only within a company for non-commercial purposes; publication in a free in-house magazine not normally available to the public; exhibition within the Client’s premises; editorial use in the Client’s intranet site, but not annual reports or any other public document.
- Company Public: The right to use the pictures as described above; plus a license for use on Company public websites, public promotional literature, company social media outlets and annual reports.
- PR and Press distribution: The right to use the pictures as described above; plus a licence for third parties to reproduce such pictures in print or electronic media in an editorial context where no fee has been paid to guarantee publication.
- Specified Use Only: The right to use the pictures once only for the purpose as described on the invoice.
- Editorial: One reproduction only of pictures supplied within one print edition of the specified title in an editorial context only, unless otherwise agreed with the Client.
Where the Client is an individual, the full balance is to be paid on the day of the photoshoot, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Where the Client is an organisation, 50% of the balance is to be paid on the day of the photoshoot, with the remaining balance to be paid upon the Client's receipt of final images.
Payment(s) made by Debit or Credit Card incur a 2% surcharge. No surcharge is levied on cash and BACS payment(s).
Website Display & Promotional Usage
The Client hereby allow(s) the Photographer to display any photograph covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, etc. The Photographer will aim to keep these photographs safe from any malicious activity but cannot be held liable or accountable for malicious actions carried out by persons other than Steve Lawton.
The Photographer shall not be liable for indirect loss or third party claims occasioned by delay in completing the work or for any loss to our customers arising from delay in transit. Where work is defective for any reason, including negligence, the photographer's liability (if any) shall be limited to rectifying such defect.
In the very unlikely event of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of any fees paid.
Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at said persons own risk. The photographer cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot.
The Photographer shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photographed, the location used and digital retouching. The Photographers’ judgement regarding the locations, poses and number of photographs taken shall be deemed to be correct.
Any complaints should first be raised by the Client with the Photographer in writing within 21 days from the date of receipt of images.
Right to amendment
Steve Lawton reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.